Indian Head Massage Diploma
Duration: 1 day - 10am to 4:00pm
CPD Points : 29
Qualification Obtained: GTi Award
* Includes £25 GTi theory enrolment fee
This course covers the technique for upper back, shoulder, upper arm, neck, scalp and face massage. It also includes the theory behind Indian Head Massage such as the history of the treatment, principles of ayurveda, marma points and chakras. Indian Head Massage is an effective treatment and can be carried out anywhere. Ideal for use in the salon or at events.
Theory is carried out on-line via the Guild of Holistic Therapist's student portal. Course elements are detailed below. Once completed you can book on our one day practical course where you will learn a full routine giving you confidence to perform Indian Head Massage.
When you have successfully completed both elements of the course, your tutor will pass you and a GTi Certificate will be available for you to download or purchase on your portal.
- Introduction, Reception & Consultation
- Anatomy & Physiology - Skin & Hair Types
- Anatomy & Physiology - The Muscular System
- Anatomy & Physiology - The Skeletal System
- Anatomy & Physiology - The Cardiovascular & The Lymphatic Systems
- Anatomy & Physiology - The Endocrine, The Nervous & The Respiratory Systems
- Anatomy & Physiology - The Skin
- Contra-Actions & Contra-Indications
- Massage Benefits
- Perform Manual Massage:
- Front Of Leg
- Hand & Arm
- Neck, Shoulder, and Chest
- Abdominal & Back Of Leg
- Back & Neck Part 1
- Back & Neck Part 2
- Treatment Adaptations & Aftercare
- Practical Module
You can obtain insurance with the Guild of Holistic Therapists upon completion of your course with a massive discount of £25 if you upgrade within 3 months of enrolling!